The S-Track pedal is the first in the world of MTB to offer a double surface area:
- a cleat-pedal contact - 200 mm2 - via elastomer pads. This contact is ensured regardless of the type of shoe, by using the 2mm wedge,
- an additional pedal-crampons contact can be obtained by adjusting the height of the cleat with wedges (0.5, 1 and 2mm) which are slipped under the cleat. The total surface obtained, 460 mm2, is by far the largest on the market, which assists power transmission and provides unmatched comfort.
- Largest bearing surface on the market for maximum power transfer
- Patented removable cage design for increase flexibility
- Compact and light-weight with its patented spring-wire system functioning under torsion
- Optimum mud evacuation with the DCS (Dynamic Cleat System)
- Use: XC Leisure / All Mountain
- Body: Composites
- Deflectors: Composites
- Spindle: Chromoly
- Thread: 9/16x20 mm
- Bearings: 2 Ball Bearings, 1 Igus Bushing
- Impermeability: 1 Lip Seal + 1 Seal integrated into Bearing, Elastomer Plug
- Spindle / Sole Height: 12,2 mm
- Distance Pedal Spindle - Crank Arm: 53 mm
- Multisensor: no
- Cleats: DCS (Dynamic Cleat System)
- Angular Movement: +/- 3°
- Lateral Movement: +/- 1 mm
- Pedal Weight: 142 g (320 g per pair with Cleats and Screws)
- Colour: Black
- Accesories: 1 pair of Cleats, 1 set of Wedges, 1 set of Screws
- Warranty: 2 years
New Patented Fixing System
The new S-shaped spring-wire acting as a torsion bar (LOOK patent) provides impressive efficiency: instant cleat insertion and removal in any conditions, absence of untimely cleat removal, long working life.
The spring-wire system has been proven in the most severe conditions, both in the laboratory and actual use.
The simplicity of its design makes the S-Track compact, light and reliable, able to meet the demands of mountain bikers of all levels.
The Dynamic Cleat System
This cleat is specially designed to ensure optimal evacuation of mud. This guarantees cleat insertion and removal even in the most extreme conditions. Its build-in pads (LOOK technology) provide stable and effective contact as well as maximum comfort, by eliminating functional play by pedalling fluidity that recalls the best road pedals.
Adjustment of S-Track Cleats
The S-Track range offers:
- a 200 mm2 cleat-pedal bearing surface in all circumstances using the 2 mm wedge,
- an additional crampon-pedal bearing surface of 460 mm2 with a simple adjustment.Procedure: For the most demanding mountain bikers, a simple adjustment is possible by sliding the wedges of different thicknesses (0.5 mm - red - / 1 and 2 mm - black) under the cleat, without the need to remove it completely. This ensures that cleat height is adjusted to obtain perfect contact between the crampons (regardless of the type of shoe) and the pedal.
Advantages: The main advantage of this operation is the significant increase in the bearing surface - 460 mm2 - for unequalled power transfer, which makes the S-Track a formidable XC weapon.