Campagnolo wheels are now available to purchase from Caratrade. Caratrade have forecast a large number of wheels to meet demand and to achieve the best possible price, because of the tight margin we must insist on pre payment. Payment can be made via credit card or bank transfer.
Lightness and tradition.
The Hyperon™ Ultra™ Two is, by definition, a mountain-biker's wheel.
The full-carbon's low profile version combines lightness, smoothness and responsiveness. Long distances don't frighten this wheel, and long climbs are the ideal terrain for testing the great two wheel "climbers" of the world.
This project stems from the famous and winning 50mm Bora™ Ultra™ Two: extremely light due to the full unpainted carbon rim, extremely responsive and 9 times smoother than standard systems thanks to the CULT™ system.
Fears no comparison: Not a slightest detail has been missed to make Bora™ Ultra™ 80 specially for time trial and sprint races: designed for professionals, it will win over many enthusiasts among amateurs and competitors of all levels.
The Bora™ Ultra™ 80 wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo® wheels.
- Weight: 1345g
- Hub Body: Shimano/Sram HG11
- Brake Pads Included: Carbon Specific BR-BO500X
CULT - CERAMIC ULTIMATE LEVEL TECHNOLOGY:
TO UNDERSTAND WHAT CULT™ IS ALL ABOUT AND WHAT ADVANTAGES IT OFFERS IN TERMS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THE WHEELS AND CRANKSETS THAT APPLY THIS TECHNOLOGY, THERE'S ONLY ONE THING TO DO: TRY IT!
We could describe it, praise its performance features, and give you the technical specifications, but it's impossible to transmit the real sensations and the differences you can perceive right from the first pedal rotation with wheels and cranksets bearing the CULT™ name.
But in any case, Campagnolo® wants to illustrate the exceptional results shown by the products using CULT™ technology during the tests carried out by the Campy Tech Lab™engineers. CULT™ is the combination of the highest quality ceramic ball bearings available on the market and races made of Cronitect® chromium stainless steel, i.e. the technological wonder made by the German company Schaeffler.
Ceramic ball bearings make it possible to reduce friction to the minimum and maintain consistent performance over time; bearing races made of Cronitect® with thermochemical surface treatment make the sliding surface of the bearings extremely hard and resistant to wear.
But that's not all. Friction of the wheel and crankset is extremely reduced thanks to the minimal lubrication system required by CULT™: only a thin film of oil in the place of the grease traditionally used.
- 9 times smoother than the standard solutions
- Zero wear on bearings and balls
- Friction coefficient: the lowest in the world of cranksets thanks to lubrication with oil instead of grease
- 3.5 watts more power at each pedal stroke, increasing along with the increase in speed
For carbon wheels the principle is the same, but applied using a different technology. When making carbon rims, the pieces of carbon fabric are aligned in such a manner that the resulting rim is always balanced.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- FULL CARBON FOR CLINCHER: extremely reduced drag. A high lateral rigidity value and responsiveness to the wheel.
- EXCLUSIVE RIM PRINTING SYSTEM: rim painting no longer required. The weight is greatly reduced and the surface is free from imperfections.
- RDB™ RIM DYNAMIC BALANCE: exclusive system that assures perfect balancing of the rim even at high speeds. Moulded into the rim itself.
- NEW BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS: the new blend increases the brake performance by about 40% on wet surfaces and 20% on dry surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop.
- STEEL, AERODYNAMIC SPOKES: allows for the high degree of air penetration.
- CARBON FIBRE HUB: provides a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy ball/bearing adjustment - reduces possible ball/bearing play - precision operation - maintains performance over time.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: reduces the weight of the wheel.
- QUICK RELEASE: new, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.