F -Si CARBON. THE FUTURE OF XC
To create the fastest XC race rocket the world has ever seen, you've got to think a little differently. From its asymmetrically offset rear triangle and drivetrain to its new-school geometry and custom offset Lefty, ever y part of the F-Si was designed as a System, fully Integrated in the pure pursuit of speed.
F-Si CARBON IS:
- A fully System Integrated approach to race-winning speed.
- Designed with the unique Ai offset rear triangle and drivetrain for category-leading efficiency, traction and clearance.
- The best handling hardtail in the world, thanks to the custom offset Lefty and System Geometry.
RIDER PROFILE: For XC racers and hardtail purists looking to gain time on their rivals in every section of the course.
ASYMMETRIC INTEGRATION (Ai) DRIVETRAIN
Our Ai design shifts the drivetrain and rear triangle to the right by 6mm. This creates an ultra stiff rear wheel by reducing dish, and delivers the shortest chainstays on the market, dual chainring compatibility, tons of mud clearance, and a super responsive rear end.
STIFFER REAR WHEEL By keeping the rim and tyre in line with the centreline of the bike, but shifting the hub and cogs 6mm to the right, we make the spoke angles more even on both sides, creating a stronger wheel that's up to 60% stiffer than a conventionally laced wheel, while using a standard rim and normal 135mm hub.
SUPER SHORT CHAINSTAYS The Ai system allows for incredibly short chainstays (429mm -29 and 425mm - 27.5), which moves the rear wheel for ward to be more under the rider, resulting in exceptional lateral stiffness and race-winning traction.
Ai HOLLOWGRAM SPIDER
The F-Si spider moves the chainrings out 6mm to match the rear triangle with no change in Q-factor. This enables the super short chainstays while providing ample mud clearance for the tyre and maintaining double and single ring compatibility.
Up front, the progressively slack 69.5° head angle gives the stability needed to attack on rough, fast descents, while the Lefty features increased fork offsets (55mm for 29 and 50mm for 27.5 ) to reduce "trail" and keep the steering quick and nimble in slower, tight, technical sections. In back, the super short chainstays make the bike extremely agile for technical manuverability and crazy traction.
FIT-FOCUSED WHEEL DIAMETERS
To achieve the best possible fit for all riders, size small is designed around 27.5 wheels, while M thru XL get 29"
SAVE 2 SEATPOST
The all-new SAVE seatpost has been redesigned to save almost 50 grams and deliver 20% more deflection. It has a more linear deflection cur ve, which means more comfort, especially for lighter riders, while maintaining strength for max loads.
Our proprietary carbon construction method pairs ultra strong military armoring fibres with high strength resins and a tightly controlled network of high-modulus stiffening fibres to deliver ultra light frames with exceptional strength and ride-feel. Oh yeah, and lifetime warranties.
"THE F-SI IS THE BEST HIGH VELOCITY HARDTAIL WE'VE EVER RIDDEN BY A CROSS-COUNTRY MILE" - What Mountain Bike
"A WISH-LIST OF COMPONENTS, AN INSTANTLY LOCKING-OUT PRECISE FORK AND FRAME THAT KICKS THE PACE UP A NOTCH AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION; IT 'S ALL YOU NEED TO CRUSH RIVALS, ON THE RACE-COURSE, OR OFF IT." - Singletrack
- Frame: F-Si Asymmetric, BallisTec Carbon, SPEED SAVE, PF30A, 1.5 Si Head Tube, 27.5" (S), 29" (M-X)
- Fork: Lefty 2.0, 100mm, PBR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and updated controls, Offset - 50mm (S), 55mm (M-X)
- Rear Shock: N/A
- Rims: Stan's ZTR Rapid, 32 hole, tubeless ready (Ai offset lacing)
- Hubs: Lefty 60 front, Formula DC-22 rear (Ai offset lacing)
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition (Ai offset lacing)
- Tires: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance 29/27.5x2.1", tubeless ready
- Pedals: N/A
- Chainset: Cannondale Si, Ai, BB30, FSA 26/36 rings
- Crank Option: N/A
- Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Chain: Shimano HG50, 10-speed
- Cassette: Shimano HG-50, 11-36, 10-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano M618 Deore
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, 10-speed
- Shifters: Shimano SLX w/ I-Spec
- Handlebars: Cannondale C3 flat, 6061 double-butted alloy, 700mm
- Grips: Cannondale Locking Grips
- Stem: Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg.
- Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si
- Brakes: Shimano Deore, 180/160mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore, I-Spec
- Saddle: Prologo K3
- Seatpost: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 27.2x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)
- Warranty: lifetime (non transferable)