LOOK 765 - Ride Further, Longer
- New endurance frame
- CARBOFLAX technology: carbon fibres + linen fibres
- Design derived from the 695
- Asymmetric chain stays / extended seat stays
- Integrated Di2 compatible cables
- 1100 g monobloc carbon frame
New Carboflax Technology
LOOK innovation on this frame model: the carbon is combined with natural linen fibres to filter vibrations from the road and so increase comfort on the bike. The composition of the 765 is mainly carbon because this material provides lightness, strength and general rigidity for the bicycle. A layer of linen fibre has been positioned between the carbon thicknesses on the fork and chain stays to encourage the dissipation of vibrations. Another thickness of linen fibre placed around the tube inside the fork and chainstays provides better elongation properties for these tubes, again to filter micro shocks and vibrations that fatigue the cyclist. The inclusion of linen, with its vibration filtering properties, increases the bicycle’s general performance: the cyclist’s body being less loaded, all his energy will be concentrated on steering and pedalling. A real benefit for very long, tough outings.
The 765 has Endurance geometry with a shorter, higher cockpit than on a Race geometry bike (for example the 795). The cyclist has a less stretched out position and so is more comfortable for long distances.
Asymmetric Chainstays / Extended Seatstays
Major design work has been done on the rear triangle to improve comfort and performance. The chain stays are asymmetric: the right chain stay is oversized compared to the left to balance forces due to transmission of the pedalling force. They are short and rigid to guarantee a dynamic bike. Still with a view to improving comfort the seat stays have been extended and are slimmer to improve comfort.
Integrated Di2 Compatible Cables
The new 765 includes all the brake and derailleur cables in the tubes, and the cable housing end stops are removable. It is thus possible to change them to assemble the frame with a mechanical or Di2 groupset.
Pf 30 Bottom Bracket
The 765 bottom bracket is to the Press Fit 30 standard. Integration of the bearings into the frame offers several advantages: longer bearing life, increased stiffness for better force transmission, and finally ease of fitting and removal.
- Carbon Type Mix of Carbon and Linen Fibres
- Fork 765 Carboflax Mix of Carbon and Linen Fibres,
- Carbon Dropouts.Conforms to Standard En14781
- Lugs None Monobloc Construction
- Bottom Bracket Shell Press Fit 30 - Width 68 Mm
- Front Derailleur Type Band on 31.8 Mm Diameter
- Diameter Seatpost 27.2 Mm
- Headset Fsa 1”1/8 Top Angles 36 Int. / 45 Ext. And 1” Bottom Angles 45 Int./45 Ext.
- Dropouts Carbon Replacable Rear Right
- Bottle Cage 2 Supports
- Frame Weight 1,100 G (Size M)
- Fork Weight 350 G
- Accessories Cable Housing Kit
- Warranty Frame and Fork 5 Yearspaint and Finish = 1 Year(Non-transferable)