The flagship of our endurance road line.
Outfitted for long days spent on the saddle, its 100% carbon, lightweight and agile frame will work with you during climbs while its integrated elastomer will ensure outstanding comfort on all surfaces. The Pulsium is a fast, versatile and extremely comfortable road bike, just as easy to operate on asphalt as on slippery stones. For this reason, it perfectly meets the expectations of today’s cyclists.
Its patented Shock Absorption technology, through use of an elastomer, better absorbs shocks and dampens vibrations caused by the road to the relief of the rider, now able to put forth a more consistent effort over a longer period. The Pulsium 500 has been equipped with the Powerbox technology for optimal transmission of pedaling power, as well as with a lightweight carbon frame for faster and longer rides.
To complete this assembly dedicated to endurance and performance, the 500 version offers a 10-speed Shimano 105 transmission with an 11-32 cassette and a compact 50/34 crankset for cycling anywhere. The Shimano RS10 wheels, mounted with Continental Ultra Sport tires, provide safety and efficiency, even on the most demanding courses.
For specialists in cyclosportives and endurance ride.
- 100% endurance frame
- Endurance geometry: more upright riding position to reduce pressure on the back and shoulders.
- Powerbox Technology for efficient pedaling.
- Lapierre’s patented Trap Door Technology: Di2 battery more easily accessible and low centre of gravity.
- Frame : PULSIUM SAT CARBON
- Fork : PULSIUM 100% CARBON
- Headset : FSA 1"1/8 - 1"1/4 ORBIT C-33 44E
- Bottom bracket : SHIMANO PRESSFIT SMBB7141B
- Crankset : SHIMANO 105 FC-R5800, 50x34T 170mm (XS,S) 172.5mm (M) 175mm (L,XL)
- Stem : LAPIERRE AS-LP2 -7° 31.8mm 90mm (XS,S) 100mm (M) 110mm (L) 120mm (XL)
- Seatpost : LAPIERRE SP-3D1 27.2x350mm
- Handlebar : LAPIERRE HB-CR12 40cm (XS) 42cm (S,M,L) 44cm (XL)
- Front derailleur : SHIMANO 105 FD-R5801F
- Rear derailleur : SHIMANO 105 RD-R5800GS, 11s
- Brakes : SHIMANO 105 BR-R5800
- Shifters : SHIMANO 105 ST-5800 2x11s
- Saddle : FIZIK ALIANTE R5
- Wheel : SHIMANO RS10
- Sprocket : SHIMANO 105 HG5800 11s 11-32T
- Tires : CONTINENTAL Ultra Sport 2 SL 700x25
- Weight : 8,5kg
We at Lapierre use four distinct fibre types, each with its own characteristics. Our engineers can use these different fibres to adapt the stiffness, flex and strength needed for the parts of the frame in question. High-strength fibre is what you will need for shock absorption and comfort: seatpost, chainstays, seatstays or even the whole frame. Very high-modulus, meanwhile, will have unyielding stiffness and efficiency. In our E-MTBs, we use 4 different type of fibres and we know how to get the best of each one: high resistance (24 tons), intermediate modulus (30 tons), high modulus (40 tons) and very high modulus (46 tons).
Power Box technology is made up of the down tube, bottom bracket shell and chainstays, which comprise one performance-dedicated whole. Increased lateral stiffness for maximum responsiveness and best possible pedal-power transfer, whether during bursts of acceleration, climbs or sprints.
SAT (SHOCK ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY)
An elastomer damper between top tube and seat tube, which absorbs and dissipates vibration for better comfort and roadholding. Vertical vibration is cut out by the seatstays, then by the rubber and, lastly, by the seat tube. SAT’s shock-absorption capacity is mainly based on our carbon build methods and it makes it possible, in particular, to produce seat tubes that flex more, since they are cut off from the rest of the frame. The elastomer damper acts as a buffer for better cushioning of bumps and vibration. Unbeatable comfort over long distances and on tough road surfaces.
TDT (TRAPDOOR TECHNOLOGY)
This Lapierre patent pending Technology integrates the Di2 battery neatly in the frame. With a quick and easy trap door to access, TDT makes the mechanics job faster and lowers the centre of gravity, making pedalling more efficient.