The Kéo 2 Max is suitable for all cyclists, whether they are enthusiasts, touring-cyclists, advanced riders or even competitors.
Lightweight and equipped with a stainless steel contact area and a high quality spindle, it is a pedal that is both reliable and efficient.
- Increased efficiency and comfort thanks to a more resistant INOX and larger contact surface area.
- Extremely light:130g
- Dual seals, INOX stainless steel contact surface, and an oversize spindle make
- this pedal very reliable and durable.
- Kéo Grip cleats provide walking confidence with built in rubber contacts.
Chromoly + Axle spindle
The Kéo 2 Max spindle permits the conservation of a low stack height, even with its steel oversized axle. It is built with miniature ball bearings (12 mm inside x 18 mm outside) and a needle bearing cartridge for improved wear resistance.
LOOK axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100tr/min with a load of 90kg on the center of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (creating a shock on each rotation). This test is far superior to the current industry standard, the EN14781.
- USAGE: Recreational to Competition
- BODY: Composite
- AXLE: Chromoly +
- THREADING: 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT: 15,7 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK ARM: 53 mm
- SURFACE CONTACT AREA: 340 mm²
- FLOAT: 9 to 15 adjustable spring
- CLEATS: Kéo Grip Cleats
- ANGULAR MOVEMENT: 0 °, 4.5 ° or 9 ° according to the cleat color (Black, Grey, Red)
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 130 gr (328 gr per pair with cleats and screws)
- COLORS: Black or White
- ACCESSORIES: A pair of Grey Kéo cleats + screws
- GUARANTY: 2 years
LARGE WIDTH AND PEDAL SURFACE AREA
For more efficient and more comfortable cycling, the Keo 2 Max has a pedal surface area 12% larger than the Keo in order. To further improve the power transmission and to extend the pedal’s service life, the surface area now features a stainless steel plate molded directly in the platform of the pedal.
- Pedal surface : 340 mm2
- Platform width : 57 mm
Special attention was given to reliability: STAINLESS STEEL platform area, oversize spindle and triple bearings make this pedal extremely reliable and durable product. The special spindle profile of the Keo2 Max maintains our Keo Carbon stack height even while using an oversized steel spindle. It is composed of 1 miniature ball bearings (12 mm inside x 18 mm outside) and a needle bearing. LOOK spindles are only validated for production after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90Kg on the center of the pedal and an off-center rotation (which creates a shock at each rotation). This test is more stringent than the currently enforced: EN14781. Dual seals ensure a very long service life.
With its 130g weight Keo 2 Max is one of the lightest pedals in its category. This is possible thanks to the use of injected carbon or composite materials, which reduce weight while maintains durability.
The new LOOK spindle threads are now 14mm in length. This allows an additional 2mm Q-Factor adjustment using a specific spacer, available as a spare part. It can increase the Q Factor measurement from 53 to 55mm. (Ref : DTPD/0153100)